Finish Line


     My travel today is not my regular business trip.  It is to pay respect to a very dear woman.  A woman who is never tired of doing good.  Good not to benefit herself, and family but for the community.  A woman who defines sacrifice by doing it, because her heart understands the plight of the communities who needs help.

     I am talking about this person in this news item. http://bulatlat.com/main/2014/09/09/development-worker-killed-in-abra-encounter/
Call all negative emotions to describe the impact of her loss is my present emotional state.


Our last visit to Baguio with my family was last Holy Week 2014, I don't know by then, it  was our last fellowship together.  Whenever she knows we're going to the North she never fails to ask to drop by Baguio City. She never fails to ask how are the kids doing? But most specially to our angel. The moment she learned we're dropping by, She constantly coordinated with me, very specific details.  She was very much concerned to give the best, the moment she knows my In laws are coming with us.  From accommodation, food and pasalubong, it was all covered without a miss.  I remember how busy she was that time because she was also preparing for a school reunion.  

To my very dear sister in law,  I know you had run the race so good, and fight the good fight.  I am encouraged of what Apostle Paul said, which is very appropriate for the life you lived.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." ( 2Timothy 4:7-8 NIV)

See you later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Developmental Delay

Photoblog: Mans Best Friend

God's Sovereign