This Is Amazing Grace

This morning, while my 6 years old son is eating, I joined him at the breakfast table to have morning talks.

Our conversation started like this:

Yohanne: Daddy when you were upstairs what are you doing?
Me: I am worshipping God in my guitar.
Yohanne: Why Daddy?
Me: Because I am a musician at church, I need to have my own time to worship God with my instrument.  How about you? Do you want also to worship God with what instrument?
Yohanne:  Yes Daddy, I want to play guitar with you in church.
Me:  I thought you like drums.  If you have your drums you need to practice, ok?
Yohanne: Yeah, I will watch the DVD. (He was referring to this: 


Me: If you listen to music, you need to listen to the drum part.  I opened the video on YouTube for us to listen to "This is Amazing Grace by Paul Wickham" Below is the YouTube link.


On the bridge of the song, the lyrics is this:

"Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Worthy is the King who conquered the grave
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Worthy is the King who conquered the grave
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Worthy is the King who conquered the grave
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Worthy, worthy, worthy"

Yohanne: Who is the lamb daddy?
Me: The lamb is Jesus.
Yohanne: Jesus became a lamb? No, it can't be.

I explained to him, the concept of redemption from the Old Testament. In order for sins to be forgiven they need to kill a lamb.  In the New Testament, God gave His only son Jesus to be killed on the cross for us to be forgiven.  Jesus dying on the cross restored our relationship with God. It is a gift of grace we do not need to work for it.  All we need to do is: 
  1. To recognize that we are sinners, then repent.
  2. Accept that Jesus can only save us.
  3. Live like Jesus.
This is amazing grace, it is amazing love. 

Good morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Developmental Delay

Photoblog: Mans Best Friend

God's Sovereign