Rural Scent

   Who can resist the scent of a rice field?

     Not me, I grew up in the farm, my parents are hardworking farmers.  We were trained to work in the farm as young as we were able to swing a sickle or carry a bundle of tobacco leaves. In our place in Piddig, Ilocos Norte, it is a usual practice that sons and daughters of farmers help in the farm.  We we're not paid by the hour, but the benefit of being compensated compared to the training on how to persevere, is more than money could offer.  The psychological Impact, when your sweat drips due to heavy toil in the farm totally differs rather than, that on the gym.  My parents exposed us to that kind of training for us siblings appreciate the value of hard work, perseverance and patience.  When hard toil comes we are already forged physically and emotionally tempered to withstand lfe's challenges.

     I find comfort sitting beside the irrigation canal, watching emerald waves as the wind blows gently. The scent very peculiar, familiar  brings me back to my roots.  That I am a farmer and love to be called a farmer.

     Now let's eat lunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Developmental Delay

Photoblog: Mans Best Friend

God's Sovereign